Adopt and adore
Don't buy from pet stores
The objective of the Society shall be to prevent cruelty to animals and to secure the welfare and proper care of animals in the State of Karnataka and to liaise with other similar Organizations in the Country and abroad in carrying out work in the interest of animal welfare. This objective shall be secured in the following ways:
- By learning or prosecuting as may be necessary, persons found guilty of acts of cruelty as defined by the relevant Act/s already in existence or as may be enacted by the Central or State Government and the Rules there under or any Rules framed by any local or other competent authority from time to time.
- By providing Veterinary services such as Ambulance, Stretchers, Dressings, Spaying/ Sterilization of dogs, cats, etc., and by assisting other organizations in providing such services.
- By stopping inhuman (involving pain) killing of dogs, cats and all other animals by individuals or authorities and persuading the latter to employ only approved humane methods to put to sleep unwanted animals.
- By -building and maintaining Animal Shelters and Rescue Homes for animals.
- By educating jutkamen, bullock cart men and other animal owners to treat animals under their charge with kindness.
- By carrying out intensive propaganda through lectures, literature, audiovisual aids, etc on prevention of cruelty and promotion of kindness to animals.
- By holding periodical animal shows and awarding prizes to owners of animals which are well looked after.
- By organizing painting and drawing competitions for children on animal themes, by organizing kindness clubs in schools and by motivating teachers to promote kindness to animals among children.
- By educating children and the general public as to the morality and practical value of treating all the living creatures with kindness.
- By distributing in schools and elsewhere books or tracts in English and vernacular "calculated to impress on youths the duty of humanity towards their fellow animals".
- By discouraging painful methods in ritual slaughter of animals and by encouraging reformation in slaughter houses to adopt modern humane technology.
- By seeking the aid of the pulpit, the press and the public in treating animal creation in a humane manner.
- By persuading Veterinary Hospitals, Animal Pounds, Zoos, Laboratories, Vivi-secting Institutions, Slaughter Houses, etc to form Boards of visitors consisting of persons interested in Animal Welfare.
- By introducing animal stretchers for handling injured and diseased animals as also squeeze chutes( chambers) in Veterinary Hospitals and Animal Shelters.
- By discouraging gruesome shows like Mongoose and Cobra fights, Cock fights and cruelty to other animals for commercial or entertainment purposes.
- By obtaining information and inviting suggestions from all those who are interested in the cause of animal welfare regarding any barbarous practices, whether arising from cruelty or ignorance, so that the society may take suitable steps under the Law for ensuring that those responsible for such actions are punished by the competent authorities.
- By forming Camera Clubs as a healthy alternative to killing and injuring wild animals including birds as a sport which will also serve as a media to highlight the cruelty to wild animals.
- By distributing hand—outs in the Kannada, Hindi and English languages, containing information and useful hints regarding the treatment of dumb animals.
- By discouraging misuse of scientific research to prevent' "anti-natural" achievements of genetic engineering and cloning.
- By organizing Animal Welfare Training programmes to volunteers and awarding certificates.
- To conserve, protect and promote endangered species of animals.
- By promoting activities which directly or indirectly further these objectives.
The programmes and activities of the Society shall mainly be in Karnataka State. In case of any calamities and crises, it shall be open to the Society to undertake activities outside the State to provide relief to animals in distress.